CROWN NOW "Richochets In Crime Scene USA" C30 (Zeikzak)

Photobucket

This release is from 2005, but I just got it at Mystery Train Records in Amherst, so maybe you might find it somewhere as well. This shit completely blew my mind! and it makes me wonder out loud whether-or-not Cassette Gods should begin hosting free audio of out of print releases (with the artist's permission, of course...).

Crown Now was a New England couple who put out 7 tapes in their brief existence. Similar to Kommissar Hjuler and Mama Baer or Id M Theft Able, these guys seem to make music out of basically nothing. There is some nebulous sound-foolery going on here, but the real action is in the vocals, with Miles and Bizzy basically yelling a lot of crazy garbage/art texts over each other until reaching a state of what might be called "dis-enlightenment". I'm really into the so-bad-it's-good aesthetic, but at first this all seemed very unpleasant and unsonorous to say the least, but somehow it just started working for me and the feedback/scraping sounds mixed with the vocals in a churning cesspool of ritualistic expression and sent me straight to musique-brut heaven. The artwork is very beautifully printed and I would love to see more from this Belgian label. I would also love to hear more from this group (drop me a line if you've got anything).

The groups myspace page is still active, so go bother Miles for some music: http://www.myspace.com/crownnnow

the label: http://www.myspace.com/4909515